Sunday, February 1, 2015

9 months to Paris

So. Off again to the City of Light in November.  Saving and scraping, adding it to my Paris Fund.

People ask me, don't you want to go somewhere else? See other things?  It's complicated. My love affair with Paris. How do you explain to someone who has never experienced the taste of a buttery croissant, melting in your mouth?  The wind blowing your hair on Pont de la Tournelle? The buildings with the dust of history imbedded in them? The feeling that you have walked these streets for years and years?

I have been blessed with the ability to travel and experience so many different places. And while Strasbourg felt more like "home" to me, Paris fills my dreams.

For the next 283 days, I want to share Paris, and France with you. A bit of history, and a bit of everyday.  Paris?  She haunts me.




No comments:

Post a Comment