Monday, March 5, 2012

a trip to Baltimore...


Yesterday, we took a trip to Baltimore. Our neighbor Earl, treated us and his daughter Ashley to a evening concert at the Hippodrome Theater, featuring Celtic Woman.

We decided to truly make an evening of it, and figured on getting dinner before the show. I found a lovely little restaurant, Luna del Sea, within walking distance of the theater.

We arrived earlier than I had expected, but were promptly seated. My dinner was Chicken Francaise, and it was, quite frankly, amazing. Lemon, butter, parsley, and delicate. Erik had mussels in garlic sauce as an appetizer, and a crab trio for his platter. Again, he said it was perfect! After a luscious dessert of German chocolate cake, and coffee, off we went to the show.

Having never seen this group, I had no expectations. If I had, they would have exceeded them. The fiddle player, Mairead Nesbitt, had an energy that was incredible. Being a big fan of Irish fiddle, I would say I enjoyed her performance the most. However, Chloe Agnew's beautiful "Ave Maria" was phenomenal. If you ever have the opportunity to see these young ladies perform, you should most certainly take advantage of it. A show well worth seeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment